What’s in the box?
Rug Cover: You received a Rug Cover with your rug design on the top and a gray fabric backing.
Rug Pad pieces: With your 9x12 Rug System, you may have received a Rug Pad made up of two smaller pieces for easier assembly. These pieces have our unique ClingEffect™ technology on the top and a rubbery bottom that will grip the floor.
How to Assemble: 9x12 Rugs
Before setting up your Rug System, ensure the area you intend to lay your rug on is free of any dirt, pet hair, or other foreign debris. Cleaning the surface before setup will maximize the performance of the non-slip Rug Pad.
To set up your 9x12 rug, you may need an extra pair of hands - so grab a friend!
Step 1: Prep the Rug Cover
1. Set aside the Rug Pad pieces as you prepare the Rug Cover.
2. Lay out the Rug Cover with the grey fabric side touching the floor.
3. Then, roll up the Rug Cover, design side in, starting from the shorter edge (see diagram A. below).
Once you’ve reached the end, fold the rolled-up Rug Cover in half and set it aside as you prep the Rug Pad pieces (see diagram B. below).
Step 2: Prep the Rug Pad
1. Place your rolled-up Rug Pad pieces side by side with the ends close together and unroll them next to each other (see diagram below).
2. Flip each Rug Pad piece so the rubbery side is down and make sure the pads are pushed as close together as possible.
Step 3: Attach the Rug Cover to the Rug Pad
1. Start at one of the 9 ft. sides of the Rug Pad (i.e., the solid sides without the Rug Pad seam).
2. Align the rolled-and-folded Rug Cover with one Rug Pad corner, leaving about an inch and a half overhang on each side (see diagram below).
3. Then, unfold the Rug Cover and align the adjacent corner.
Note: Do not tuck the Rug Pad into the corners of the Rug Cover. These corners were designed to weigh the rug down and ensure the Rug Cover lays flat on your floor.
Step 4: Unroll the Rug Cover
1. Once both corners are aligned, slowly roll out the Rug Cover over the rest of the Rug Pad pieces, smoothing it down as you go.
2. Just before you roll the Rug Cover over the place where the Rug Pad pieces meet, make sure the two pieces are pushed together tightly and there is no gap.
Step 5: Smooth the Rug Cover
To smooth out wrinkles, roll up the Rug Cover diagonally from the corner and gently unroll.
Voila—your Ruggable rug is ready for action!
A Few Reminders
1. Our Rug Cover is designed to be bigger than your Rug Pad. This is to make sure that the Rug Pad stays out of sight once assembled.
2. Do not tuck the Rug Pad into the silicone corners underneath the Rug Cover. These are designed to weigh down the corners of the Rug Cover so it lays flat on the floor.
3. If the corners appear lifted, simply pull the Rug Cover up, give a little tug, then smooth the Cover back down.
Please Note: For an effortless assembly experience, our 9x12 rug system now comes with a Rug Pad made up of two separate pieces. Although this video features a one-piece Rug Pad, your recent 9x12 rug system purchase may have come with a two-piece Rug Pad.
If you received your Rug Pad in two pieces, you should only leave an overhang of about one and a half rather than the 3-4 inches shown in the video.