Before setting up your two-piece Rug System, ensure the area you intend to lay your rug on is free of any dirt, pet hair, or other foreign debris. Cleaning the surface before setup will maximize the performance of the nonslip Rug Pad.
To set up your 9x12 rug, you may need an extra pair of hands.
1. Roll up the Rug Cover with the design side (or pile side for Plush Rugs) facing in. Once you’ve reached the end, fold the rolled up Rug Cover in half and set it aside.
2. Lay out the Rug Pad with the grippy, rubbery side down.
3. Align the corners of the Rug Cover and the Pad, leaving a three to four inch overhang on each side. Then, unfold the Rug Cover and align the adjacent corner. Do not tuck the Rug Pad into the corners of the Rug Cover. These corners were designed to weigh the rug down and ensure the Rug Cover lays flat on your floor.
4. Unroll the Rug Cover over the rest of the Pad, smoothing it down as you go.
5. To smooth out wrinkles, roll up the Rug Cover diagonally from the corner and gently unroll.